THE GREAT LENGTHS DIFFERENCE
The Hair Source: 100% of the hair sourced for Great Lengths is from the Temples of India. This is the finest source of virgin hair available in the marketplace that is most compatible with Caucasian and European hair textures.
The Colorization Process:
The only processes performed on Great Lengths hair is our colorization process. Great Lengths is the only Company that does not use any toxic chemicals (i.e. ammonia and/or bleach derivatives) in the de-pigmentation and pigmentation process of our hair. The result is colorfast hair that has not been subjected to damaging ammonia and/or bleach chemicals to remove the hairs original color.
The benefit of this GL patented process goes beyond the Great Lengths hair quality, it makes Great Lengths International the only Company that can factually state that there is no negative Eco impact from our production process. This point becomes magnified when compared to the significant negative eco impact created by all hair processing facilities, of which the overwhelming majority are located in China and Indonesia where there are no effective regulatory agencies to monitor such production.
The Great Lengths Synthesized Keratin Bond:
In 1992, Great Lengths International developed and patented the first pre-tipped, synthesized keratin bond polymer. Because of this ground breaking technology, many if not all extension companies now claim a “keratin bond” as their form of attachment. Factually, any form of keratin can be combined with any type of polymer to qualify as a “keratin” bond, regardless if it makes any functional difference or benefit in the bond itself. Unfortunately “keratin bond” has become more a marketing feature than a functional benefit. The GL Synthesized Keratin Bond molecular structure is specifically designed to mimic
the molecular structure of human hair. The result gives the GL bond functionality that is not available in any other hair bonding compound in the marketplace. The functionality is the GL bond has the ability to expand and contract with human hair. For example, when you wash your hair or get it wet, the hair shaft expands. When it dries it contracts. Bonds that do not possess such function will soon begin to shed the extensions and ultimately slide off the client’s natural hair completely because the bond is being stretched with no capacity to contract each time the client’s natural hair expands and contracts. This is a Great Lengths exclusive feature.
Exclusive in-house production process:
Used from procurement of the hair to the wholesale selling of the extension to ensure full and documented traceability. Great Lengths International does not work through hair brokers. Great Lengths operates and employs our own sourcing staff and facilities in India so that we are always 100% sure of our hairs source.
Great Lengths is the only extension company in the world that guarantees with documented support that all Great Lengths hair has met the following criteria:
• Every strand has been donated willingly and with the full consent of the donor.
• The donor has been treated with respect and care.
• A fair and reasonable price is agreed for the hair and the money paid to the Temples to procure the hair is used solely for charitable endeavors, not for personal or individual profit.
• A company representative procures the hair to cut out unreliable middlemen and ensure full and direct knowledge of the origin of the hair.
• Exclusive in-house production process: Used from procurement of the hair to the wholesale selling of the extension to ensure full and documented traceability. Great Lengths International does not work through hair brokers. Great Lengths operates and employs our own sourcing staff and facilities in India so that we are always 100% sure of our hairs source.